Buckets – both plastic and metal have a variety of uses. In industrial and domestic sectors alike, buckets are largely used for storage, transportation and even for creative projects. As buckets are an essential part of day-to-day lives, there are some features that one expects from it.
When it comes to choosing a bucket material, the natural choice is inclined towards plastic buckets. The reason for this is the huge number of plastic bucket suppliers in Cape Town, facilitating the abundant availability of the bucket. Also, they offer flexibility and versatility and various other benefits including:
1. Light-weight: Buckets often need to be carried from one place to another. Plastic buckets are lightweight and thus, can be easily carried as oppose to their metal alternatives. This attribute of plastic buckets also assists in keeping shipping costs down. Being lightweight, they can be transported at low costs, utilising less fuel. This allows it to be used for the transportation of things like paint, water, oil, pet food etc.
2. Thermal Insulation: Buckets are used for storing and transporting substances of different temperatures alike. Being thermally insulating, plastic buckets do not heat up or become extremely cold like metal ones. This allows you to get a better grip on the bucket when carrying extremely hot or extremely cold items in it.
3. Leak Proof: Plastic buckets, being moulded from a single piece of plastic, are seamless. This ensures that there are no leaks during storage and transportation. This makes them suitable for storing liquids like water, oil, paint etc.
4. Durable: Plastic is resistant to corrosion. Unlike steel buckets, they do not rust. Thus, plastic buckets last longer than steel ones and are safer and healthier to use. The flexible nature of the bucket ensures that they are also more resistant to dents and impact damage than their metal counterparts. Most plastic buckets even resist sun damage, providing UV protection.
5. Customisation: Plastic buckets are available in a variety of sizes, shapes and colours. These can be easily customised to cater to specific design needs. Some plastic buckets are even approved for hazardous materials and food. Plastic buckets can also be customised to provide the best performance of the product for specific needs like high compressive strength, permeation resistant etc.
6. Easy Maintenance: Since plastic buckets do not rust, they are very easy to clean and maintain. Just scrubbing the bucket is enough to keep it clean for all applications of the bucket.
7. Affordability: When compared to steel or previously used wooden buckets, plastic buckets are more easily available and much cheaper. This makes the plastic bucket more affordable.
Thus, plastic buckets serve as a versatile option for the storage and shipping of different products. Owing to the myriad benefits that a plastic bucket offers including strength, durability, leak-proof and corrosion resistance, they have become the most popular choice for both domestic and industrial applications.