Pay-per-click (PPC), which is also known as Cost-per-click (CPC), is an innovative and unique advertising paradigm where the publisher (a network website owner) is paid a certain amount of money by the advertiser whenever the advertisement is clicked by someone. This campaign works in association with various top quality search engines such as Microsoft Bing Ads and Google AdWords. These search engines help the advertisers to concentrate on certain key phrases and words to get response from the target market. Nowadays, PPC campaign management has become immensely popular among various business owners around the world because of the benefits it provides. This model is also adopted by popular social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Both small and large business organizations can be benefited from the use of the PPC model as it is much more lucrative than the other online promotional campaigns. It has the ability to reach the right audience at the right moment. The PPC campaign comes with numerous beneficial features. Some of these features are as follows –
1. Incredible speed: Any business, irrespective of its scale, depends on fast results. The speed enables various organizations to devise proper marketing strategies for further improvements or rectification of previous mistakes. PPC is inarguably the fastest procedure to run advertisements and to get instantaneous results. To start receiving traffic in this process, you just need to have an AdWords account and you need to run your advertisements through the Google network.
2. User-friendliness: The online system of pay-per-click is extremely simple as well as user friendly. Anyone can use this model to promote and run their advertisements in just a few clicks and from anywhere as long as there is an internet connection available.
3. Providing measurable results: In a PPC campaign you will always have measurable targets. Starting from campaign costs and profits to the number of visits to the websites, the number of clicks, time spent on each page by a visitor, and various other factors can be measured accurately in the PPC campaign. This feature will give you a clear picture of your expenditure vs. profit ratio and would help you to come up with better plans.
4. No dependency on Google algorithms and search engine optimization: Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a procedure that is used to maximize the number of visitors to a particular website. SEO works on certain algorithms and provides ranks to various website. In case of PPC, once your campaign starts to make profit, you wouldn’t have to worry about the SEO ranking of your site or the changes in algorithm.
5. Reaching the right audience: A PPC campaign can accurately decide the time and place for your advertisements to appear online so that it could reach the most number of visitors and customers. To make this decision, it thoroughly considers various factors such as keywords, location, time, date, device, and website.
6. Increasing brand reputation and recognition: PPC can target certain keywords related to your business so that the moment any visitor clicks on any one of those words, they would be able to see your advertisement. In this way, your product will reach myriads of potential customers and the brand value of your product has the potential to increase exponentially.
7. Making hay while the sun shines: As PPC can provide fast and instantaneous results, it will provide you an added advantage to reach the customers who were previously visiting other websites. In PPC, there is barely any occurrence of server related problems and hence you would not miss out on any profitable marketing opportunity.
8. Cost effectiveness: Pay-per-click campaigning is extremely cost effective and it would give you the opportunity to decide how much you are going to pay per click. As everything regarding PPC is easily measurable, you can compare the profits with the expenses of the ad campaign and come up with a scheme that is well within your budget.
9. Evaluation of your existing marketing strategy: Through PPC, you can run your marketing strategy in various different platforms and sites which will give you a clear idea about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy.
10. More opportunity with the local customers: PPC is highly effective in case of a local search. People who are ordering products in a certain area can be located using a PPC campaign. In this way, you would be able to reach a greater number of local customers through your advertisement.
Due to the above reasons, pay-per-click campaign is now considered one of the most sought after online marketing techniques.