Chicago’s Ballet 5:8 Includes Colorado Springs for 2017 Spring Tour

Photo by: Lana Kozol courtesy of Ballet 5:8

Chicago’s Ballet 5:8 will be presenting excerpts from its 2016/17 season program, The Stor(ies) of You and Me, at 6:00pm on Wednesday, March 29th, at First United Methodist Church, 420 North Nevada Avenue in downtown Colorado Springs. Colorado Ballet Society dancers will also be performing with the company that evening.

The Stor(ies) of You and Me program has something for everyone - each piece tells a story that is based on the experiences of real people, and therefore the program is extremely relatable. It is titled after Ballet 5:8 guest choreographer Caleb Mitchell’s work of the same name. For Ballet 5:8, he choreographed using a collection of stories, drawing on the idea that stories shape who we are. Ballet 5:8 Artistic Director, Julianna Slager, expanded on this idea using the four other works in the program, telling stories of joy, sorrow, love, triumph and tragedy that everyone can relate to in some way. Audience members have said The Stor(ies) of You and Me is "an enchanting evening," has "something for everyone," and is "so moving as to bring tears."

“We are eager to be hosting Ballet 5:8 over Spring Break,” says Colorado Ballet Society founder/director, Patricia Hoffman. “Many of our students will be participating in a special workshop with company members that week and are thrilled to be performing on the same stage as the company.”

“We have a wonderful company of dancers who are all passionate about ballet and are passionate about passing it on to the next generation,” says lead company artist, Lauren Ader-Cumpston. “We hope that each student will walk out of our classes having enjoyed themselves, worked very hard, and learned something new, or solidified their technique in some way.”

Touring is a large part of Ballet 5:8's performing season and includes performances, workshops, and master classes. One of Ballet Society’s graduating students, Brianna Klein, attended master classes which were part of Ballet 5:8’s 2016 tour at Colorado Ballet Society, and was offered a trainee position on the spot.

“I am so incredibly blessed to be here,” says Klein of her first year with Ballet 5:8. I am growing in my faith and artistry daily thanks to the hard working, inspirational staff and company members."

Brianna Klein as Lilac Fairy in Sleeping Beauty 2016

Photo by: Ted Mehl of A Better Image Photography

When asked what she enjoys most about working with Ballet 5:8, Ader-Cumpston responds, “I love that there is a focus on excellence in our art form and an emphasis on how we are using it to communicate with audiences. Ballet 5:8, as an organization, is a wonderful community, it feels very much like family, and it makes the difficulties associated with this profession easier, and the blessings sweeter, because of the support we have for one another.”

Photo by Lana Kozol courtesy of Ballet 5:8

General information on the Colorado Ballet Society is available online at:

danceinthesprings.com

‘Like’ us on Facebook!   Colorado Ballet Society

Calendar

Who:            Ballet 5:8 of Chicago with Colorado Ballet Society dancers performing too

What:           The Stor(ies) of You and Me - features five unique works by two choreographers that explore love, the power of words, unexpected joy, perspectives, and the stories of everyday people.

Where:         First United Methodist Church ~ 420 North Nevada Avenue in downtown

Colorado Springs.

When:            Wednesday, March 29 at 6:00pm

Tickets:       $10-$15 and are available at Colorado Ballet Society Front Desk, online through

at: https://tickets.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?t=tix&e=d979b0...

Views: 142

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

photo galleries

© 2017   Created by Colorado Springs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service